Please save or print this update AAC Official Rules Update V 7.2 (2019).pdf and include it with your AAC Rulebook, V. 7.0, effective January 2019 and RulesUpdate V 7.1d.
Any rule changes related to Regional and/or National competition, or to the National Team, can be found elsewhere (see www.aac.ca for links).
Print this update and include it with your AAC Rulebook, V. 7.0.
A-Rule Changes, Clarifications, and Interpretations, Effective between July 2, 2018 and December 30, 2018:
• Maximum Course Time
• Decoy Obstacles in Masters Jumpers
• Leaving the Ring When the Run is Over
• Leaving the Ring During a Run
• Timer Malfunction
B-Rule Changes Effective January 1, 2019:
• Spread Jumps Must be Set with Five Foot Bars
• Starters Jumper Class single Jump requirement reduced
C-Pending Rule Changes:
The following rule changes, effective no earlier than July 1, 2019, are briefly listed here for convenience only.
• January 1, 2020 - One piece metal jumps will be completely eliminated from the list of approved AAC equipment. (141212)
• January 1, 2020 - All contacts (including the table) must be rubberised. (141222)
C 2 Obstacle Construction Standards
C 2.1 Weave Poles
“The poles shall be marked with a contrasting colour so that approximately fifty percent (50%) of the pole is light coloured by striping or banding. Striping or banding on weave poles must be painted to lessen the chance of injury as dogs push through the poles. “
“All poles shall be marked with contrasting colours in an alternating or repeating pattern along the full length of the pole (such as, but not limited to, striping or banding) to increase the visibility of the poles. All patterns on weave poles must be painted or extruded into the plastic to lessen the chance of injury as dogs push through the poles “
(Ref: Motion 170217 – eff. Feb 2017)
C 2.7.1 Single Jumps
Remove words “or plank” from description of single jumps.
(Ref: Motion 170204 – eff. Jan 1, 2018)