BoD Meeting Thursday, March 17, 2016
Here are the highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, March 17, 2016. Full motions will be published on the AAC website (Members section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
- The AAC National Team is getting ready to leave for the Netherlands to participate in the IFCS World Championship April 13-17. A full report on the Team will be published in the next issue of On Course.
- The Board accepts the Equipment Committee's recommendation to disallow the S-shaped tunnel in courses, except for soft S shapes under the A-Frame and dog walk. (Effective January 1, 2017)
- The Board accepts the Junior Handler Committee's recommendation to add Junior National awards for the Nationals events (the top 10 junior handlers by aggregate score will receive awards equivalent to the other Nationals aggregate winners). The Board also approves changes to the separate Junior Handler Championship.
- The Board accepts the Judges' Standing Advisory Committee's clarification of weave performance in the Snooker opening for Starters and Advanced: until the weaves are completed no activity (pop-out, back weave, etc.) will be faulted.
- The Board agrees to continue holding the 3-Dog Team event at Nationals for 2016 and beyond. For 2016, all handlers must be AAC members as of the Nationals closing date (starting in 2017, participants will have to be members as of April 1)
- The Board discussed a number of questions from members, responded to some and referred others to the appropriate Committees for consideration.
- New members are needed for the Standing Rules Committee, (RuleCommittee-PnP), for the following regions: BC Mainland, BC Vancouver Island, NB-PEI, and SK-MB-NU.
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes (in English or French, once approved), email Jennifer Laird at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 21.